Rose Hip Infused Brandy D.I.Y.
Hey Guys and Gals, are you Looking for an awesome Rose Hip Infused Brandy? You now have no reason to look any further! You have just found what you have been looking for, this is a recipe for the most awesome tasting Rose Hip Infused Brandy in the world.
- 4 1/4 cups of rose hips
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 3 cloves
- Half a Cinnamon Stick
- 3 Cups of brandy Brandy
- 3/4 of brown sugar
Simply combined all the ingredients in your jar making sure the fruit is totally covered.
Aging, Straining, And Drinking Your Rose Hip Infused Brandy
Let your liqueur age/steep for a month in a cool dark place, agitating daily for the first week to make sure all the sugar dissolved.
After a month your rose hip liqueur is ready, if you would like the taste to be a softer silkier tasting liqueur let it age longer. With age it keeps getting softer.
After aging/steeping process strain the liquid and fruit through several layers of cheesecloth.
It helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point of where you have strained everything out, you can gently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the liquid and juice.
If you still need to you can strain your Rose Hip Liqueur one more time through a coffee strainer.
Congratulations On Your Rose Hip Infused Brandy
You now need a bottle, and a label, that is cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly if it looks good people will rave about it. If you put it into a cheap bottle people will make fun of you.
I am listing the simplest utensils that you can use, the ones mom should have already in the kitchen.
– A large glass jar (3 liter jar)
– large plastic bowl
– measuring cups (liquid and dry)
– metal strainer
– small funnel
– glass bottles, or storage containers, for the final product, you can either use the glass Jar you used before, or just buy a second one.
Notes on Utensils: And ingredients
- Avoid plastic as much as possible when working with strong alcohol. Glass is always preferable.
- Use organic inngredients to avoid pesticide residues.
Other Great Recipes for you to checkout!
- Hawthorn Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Jenipapo Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Mayhaw Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Chokecherry Liqueur recipe D.I.Y
- Grapefruit Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Black Cherry Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
- Maple Syrup Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Vanilla infused Brandy Liqueur D.I.Y.
- Saffron Infused Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y
- Jasmine Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
I love hearing from you about why you love something I wrote or published or a recipe I don’t know. I am Master Distiller at Terebelo Distillery, Love all things alcohol. Freelance for Grogmag and blog recipes for buildthebottle.com Weekend Rabbi too.