What you Need to Make Sweet Cicely Liqueur.
Hey Guys and Gals, are you Looking for an awesome Sweet Cicely Liqueur Recipe? You now have no reason to look any further! You have just found what you have been looking for, this is a recipe for the most awesome tasting Sweet Cicely Liqueur in the world.
Sweet Cicely Liqueur is both fun and easy to create, in man talk its D.I.Y. friendly too. Sweet Cicely Liqueur, is Great for rainy days, party days or any day. Best of all, get ready for all those “Wow it is good moments”, you will get from all your friends and family that you share a drink with!
- 1 bunch of stems of sweet cicely between 250-500 grams
- 3 cups of brandy
Simply combined all the ingredients in your jar making sure the Sweet Cicely is totally covered with the brandy.
Aging, Straining, filtering, and Drinking your Sweet Cicely Liqueur,
Place the brandy with the stems of sweet cicely for two months in the sun, then move it two a cool dry place. As soon as it has a light green color and the typical aroma of anise, it has to be filtered. The time it takes to develop the green color is usually an additional two months besides for the two months in the sun light.
After aging/steeping process strain the liquid and fruit through several layers of cheesecloth.
It helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point of where you have strained everything out, you can gently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the liquid and juice.
If you still need to you can strain your Sweet Cicely Liqueur one more time through a coffee strainer.
If the Sweet Cicely taste is to strong for you simply add now more Brandy or water.
Congratulations, you have completed making this awesome Sweet Cicely Liqueur recipe!
You now need a bottle, and a label, that is cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly if it looks good people will rave about it. If you put it into a cheap bottle people will make fun of you.
I am listing the simplest utensils that you can use, the ones mom should have already in the kitchen.
– A large glass jar (3 liter jar)
– large plastic bowl
– measuring cups (liquid and dry)
– metal strainer
– small funnel
– glass bottles, or storage containers, for the final product, you can either use the glass Jar you used before, or just buy a second one.
Notes on Utensils: And ingredients
- Avoid plastic as much as possible when working with strong alcohol. Glass is always preferable.
- Use organic ingredients to avoid pesticide residues.
- Sweet Cicely is bought in a bunch, if you are using your own compare to other bunches of herbs that you see in grocery store.
Other Great Recipes for you to checkout!
- Hawthorn Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Jenipapo Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Mayhaw Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Chokecherry Liqueur recipe D.I.Y
- Grapefruit Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Black Cherry Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
- Maple Syrup Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Vanilla infused Brandy Liqueur D.I.Y.
- Saffron Infused Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y
- Jasmine Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
Master Distiller and Drinkologist: Binyomin Terebelo, Binyomin Terebelo is the master Distiller at Millville Distillery. Millville Distillery is a quiet little Boutique Distillery located in Cumberland County, along the Scotland Run River.
#liqueurrecipe#D.I.Y. Liqueur#SweetCicelyliqueur#SweetCicely#D.I.Y.#Sweet Cicely
I love hearing from you about why you love something I wrote or published or a recipe I don’t know. I am Master Distiller at Terebelo Distillery, Love all things alcohol. Freelance for Grogmag and blog recipes for buildthebottle.com Weekend Rabbi too.