How to Make this awsome Hawthorn Liqueur recipe,
Hey Guys and Gals, are you Looking for an awesome Hawthorn Liqueur Recipe? You now have no reason to look any further! You have just found what you have been looking for, this is the most awesome tasting Hawthorn Liqueur Recipe in the world.
Let’s get started creating most awesome tasting Hawthorn Liqueur on earth.
- Hawthorn, 3.5 oz. of fresh or 1-1.5 oz. of dried fruits
- 2 cups Vodka (40-45% alcohol, moonshine, brandy)
(Extra’s you can add for your preffered taste.)
- 4-5 pitted prunes (optional)
- Raising – 15 grams (optional)
- Vanillin – a pinch (optional)
- Lemon peel from a third of a lemon (optional)
Step 2 of recipe
- 3/4 cup Sugar (liquid honey)
- 1/2 cup Water
Hawthorn Liqueur Recipe
- Put the hawthorn fruits into your jar. If you are adding the optionals add them now.
- (before peeling, scald the lemon with boiling water and wipe dry to remove any preservatives on its surface).
- Add in the alchol make sure it covers all the berries.
Aging, Straining, filtering, and Drinking your Hawthorn Liqueur
Seal the glass jar tightly. Leave it in a warm dark place for 20 days. Shake it once every 3 day
Carefully strain the liquid through several layers of cheesecloth. It helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point of straining out the pulp and rind, gently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the liquid and juice.
If you still need to you can strain your Hawthorn liqueur one more time through a coffee strainer.
Mix water and sugar (or honey) in a cooking pot. Bring the mixture to a boil and let it simmer for 5 minutes, skimming off the foam. Then let it cool to room temperature.
(If you’re using honey don’t heat up the syrup above 104 Farenheit which means let it get warm. Stir the mixture until it becomes homogenous to preserve healthy substances.)
Mix the infusion and syrup. Bottle the liqueur for storing. In case of settling or cloudiness filter through cotton wool. 22-24% ABV.
Prior to serving leave it for 5 days in a cold dark place to let the taste stabilize.
Finally add water to taste if needed. Let age further for a soter and smoother finish.
I am listing the simplest utensils that you can use, the ones mom should have already have in the kitchen.
– A large glass jar (I used a 3 liter jar)
– large plastic bowl
– measuring cups (liquid and dry)
– metal strainer
– small funnel
– glass bottles, or storage containers, for the final product, you can either use the glass Jar you used before, or just buy a second one.
Notes on Utensils: And ingredients
- Avoid plastic as much as possible when working with strong alcohol. Glass is always preferable.
- Use organic Hawthorn to avoid pesticide residues.
Congratulations, you have completed making this awesome Hawthorn Liqueur recipe,
You now need a bottle, and a label, that is cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly if it looks good people will rave about it. If you put it into a cheap bottle people will make fun of you.
Other Great Recipes for you to checkout!
- Pineapple Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
- Watermelon Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Plum Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Karinshu Quince Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y
- Apricot Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
Binyomin Terebelo is a Alcohol lover who loves all things alcohol! Checkout my recipes or visit my Distillery at Yellovodka.com