Hey Guys and Gals, are you Looking for an awesome Grapefruit Liqueur Recipe? You now have no reason to look any further! You have just found what you have been looking for, this is a recipe for the most awesome tasting Grapefruit Liqueur Recipe in the world.
Grapefruit Liqueur Recipe
- 2 organic Ruby Red grapefruits
- 11/2 cups of vodka
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated white sugar
- 1 Cup of water
- peel and juice the grape fruit, through sqeezing by hand or a fruit juicer
- add vodka and sugar to your glass jar seal tightly
- filter with cheesecloth you don’t want any white peel mixed in that is what makes grapefruit bitter, however
Straining, filtering, and Drinking your Grapefruit Liqueur
Keep in a cool dark place and strain out the grapefruit zest after two weeks.. Age at least two more weeks. The longer you age it, the smoother it becomes.
Carefully strain the liquid through several layers of cheesecloth. It helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point of straining out the pulp and rind, gently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the liquid and juice.
If you still need to you can strain your Grapefruit liqueur one more time through a coffee strainer. When you are done straining, you can discard all of the rind, pulp and any spices.
Boil the water stir in the sugar keep stirring till all the sugar has dissolved, shut off the fire wait till it has cooled off then add to liqueur.
I am listing the simplest utensils that you can use, the ones mom should have already have in the kitchen.
– A large glass jar (I used a 3 liter jar)
– large plastic bowl
– measuring cups (liquid and dry)
– metal strainer
– small funnel
– glass bottles, or storage containers, for the final product, you can either use the glass Jar you used before, or just buy a second one.
Notes on Utensils: And ingredients
- Avoid plastic as much as possible when working with strong alcohol. Glass is always preferable.
- Using organic grapefruits is important because non organic grapefruit rinds can contain significant pesticide residues.
Congratulations, you have completed making this awesome Grapefruit Liqueur Recipe
You now need a bottle, and a label, that is cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly if it looks good people will rave about it. If you put it into a cheap bottle people will make fun of you.
Other Great Recipes for you to checkout!
- Pineapple Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
- Watermelon Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Plum Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Karinshu Quince Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y
- Apricot Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
Binyomin Terebelo is a Alcohol lover who loves all things alcohol! Checkout my recipes or visit my Distillery at Yellovodka.com