Butternut Squash Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
Hey Guys and Gals, are you Looking for an awesome Butternut Squash Liqueur Recipe? You now have no reason to look any further! You have just found what you have been looking for, this is a recipe for the most awesome tasting Butternut Squash Liqueur in the world.
- 3 – 4 pounds butternut squash
- 4 Cups of vodka
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 whole star anise
1 cinnamon stick, broken into smaller pieces
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Next peel butternut squash, and cut in half lengthwise, then clean and discard all the seeds and guts.
- Chop the squash up into 1.5-inch chunks. Spread out in an even layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving space between the each cube.
- Place in the oven and bake until tender (test by inserting the tip of a knife, or a tooth pick), it should take about 20 – 30 minutes. Do not overcook here.
- The squash should be tender, but not falling apart. Let the squash cool to room temperature, then place in your jar. Add in the vodka making sure the squash is completely covered.
Aging, Straining, And Drinking Your Liqueur
Let your liqueur age/steep for two weeks in a cool dark place, agitating daily.
After aging/steeping process strain the liquid and fruit through several layers of cheesecloth. It helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point of where you have strained everything out, you cangently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the liquid and juice.
If you still need to you can strain your Butternut Squash Liqueur one more time through a coffee strainer.
- In small saucepan, combine sugars, spices and water.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to prevent the sugar from burning and to dissolve the sugar.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, lower the flame to low, let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool completely, then strain out all of the spices. Using the same method as we showed you above in step 1
- Pour syrup into the infused vodka, stirring to combine. Cover and let rest for 1 more day before serving
Congratulations On Your Butternut Squash Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
You now need a bottle, and a label, that is cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly if it looks good people will rave about it. If you put it into a cheap bottle people will make fun of you.
I am listing the simplest utensils that you can use, the ones mom should have already have in the kitchen.
– A large glass jar (I used a 3 liter jar)
– large plastic bowl
– measuring cups (liquid and dry)
– metal strainer
– small funnel
– glass bottles, or storage containers, for the final product, you can either use the glass Jar you used before, or just buy a second one.
Notes on Utensils: And ingredients
- Avoid plastic as much as possible when working with strong alcohol. Glass is always preferable.
- Use organic inngredients to avoid pesticide residues.
Other Great Recipes for you to checkout!
- Hawthorn Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Jenipapo Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Mayhaw Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Chokecherry Liqueur recipe D.I.Y
- Grapefruit Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Black Cherry Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
- Maple Syrup Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Vanilla infused Brandy Liqueur D.I.Y.
- Saffron Infused Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y
- Jasmine Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
I love hearing from you about why you love something I wrote or published or a recipe I don’t know. I am Master Distiller at Terebelo Distillery, Love all things alcohol. Freelance for Grogmag and blog recipes for buildthebottle.com Weekend Rabbi too.