Yuzu Infused Vodka D.I.Y.
Hey Guys and Gals, are you Looking for an awesome Yuzu Infused Vodka Recipe? You now have no reason to look any further! You have just found what you have been looking for, this is a recipe for the most awesome tasting Yuzu Infused Vodka in the world.
- 3 cups of rum or vodka
- 10-14 Yuzu’s, (size dependent)
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
Peel your yuzu’s, this includes scrape off the white part of the peel, to minimize bitterness.
place all the ingredients into your glass jar, and shut making sure the fruit is completely covered in alcohol.
(you can add the peel, I don’t recommend because it is bitter and if not organic full of pesticide’s)
Aging, Straining, and Drinking Your Yuzu Infused Vodka
Let recipe steep for two weeks in a cool dark place, agitating daily.
Next step strain the liquid and fruit through several layers of cheesecloth. It helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point of where you have strained everything out, you cangently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the liquid and juice.
If you still need to you can strain your Yuzu Liqueur one more time through a coffee strainer.
Water down to taste.
Congratulations On Your Yuzu Infused Vodka
You now need a bottle, and a label, that is cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly if it looks good people will rave about it. If you put it into a cheap bottle people will make fun of you.
I am listing the simplest utensils that you can use, the ones mom should have already have in the kitchen.
– A large glass jar (I used a 3 liter jar)
– large plastic bowl
– measuring cups (liquid and dry)
– metal strainer
– small funnel
– glass bottles, or storage containers, for the final product, you can either use the glass Jar you used before, or just buy a second one.
Notes on Utensils: And ingredients
- Avoid plastic as much as possible when working with strong alcohol. Glass is always preferable.
- Use organic inngredients to avoid pesticide residues.
Other Great Recipes for you to checkout!
- Hawthorn Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Jenipapo Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Mayhaw Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Chokecherry Liqueur recipe D.I.Y
- Grapefruit Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Black Cherry Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
- Maple Syrup Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Vanilla infused Brandy Liqueur D.I.Y.
- Saffron Infused Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y
- Jasmine Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
Hope you enjoy,
Master Distiller and Mixoligist,