Hey Guys and Gals, are you Looking for an awesome Blackberry Basil Liqueur Recipe? You now have no reason to look any further! You have just found what you have been looking for, this is a recipe for the most awesome tasting Blackberry Basil Liqueur in the world.
Blackberry Basil Liqueur is both fun and easy to create, in man talk its D.I.Y. friendly too. Blackberry Basil, is Great for rainy days, party days or any day. Best of all, get ready for all those “Wow it is good moments”, you will get from all your friends and family that you share a drink with!
- 4 cups blackberries
- zest of one lemon
- 1 large handful of basil
- 3 cups vodka
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Place berries in a large jar crack the blackberries open with a fork, leaving the pit inside .
- Add all the ingredients in step one to your glass jar. Make sure the fruit is covered in alcohol. Close the container.
Aging, Straining, filtering, and Drinking your Blackberry Basil Liqueur,
Shake well and store away from sunlight letting it age for a minimum of three months shaking occasionally .
After the aging/steeping process strain the liquid and fruit through several layers of cheesecloth.
It helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point of where you have strained everything out, you can gently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the liquid and juice.
If you still need to do to lack of clarity in your liqueur, you can strain your Blackberry Basil Liqueur one more time through a coffee strainer.
Place your now filtered liqueur back into container for step 2.
Heat up the water and then stir in the sugar. Let cool, when cool add it to your liqueur, let it age further for another 4-6 weeks.
Congratulations, you have completed making this awesome Blackberry Basil Liqueur recipe!
You now need a bottle, and a label, that is cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly if it looks good people will rave about it. If you put it into a cheap bottle people will make fun of you.
I am listing the simplest utensils that you can use, the one’s mom should have already in the kitchen that you will use when making this awesome recipe.
– A large glass jar (3 liter jar)
– large plastic bowl
– measuring cups (liquid and dry)
– metal strainer
– small funnel
– glass bottles, or storage containers, for the final product, you can either use the glass Jar you used before, or just buy a second one.
Notes on Utensils: And ingredients
- Avoid plastic as much as possible when working with strong alcohol. glass is always preferable.
- When choosing your ingredients always choose organic ingredients to avoid pesticide residues that are found on non organic fruit!
Other Great Recipes for you to checkout!
- Hawthorn Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Jenipapo Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Mayhaw Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Chokecherry Liqueur recipe D.I.Y
- Grapefruit Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Black Cherry Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
- Maple Syrup Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Vanilla infused Brandy Liqueur D.I.Y.
- Saffron Infused Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y
- Jasmine Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
Master Distiller and Drinkologist: Binyomin Terebelo, Binyomin Terebelo is the master Distiller at Millville Distillery. Millville Distillery is a quiet little Boutique Distillery located in Cumberland County, along the Scotland Run River.
Binyomin Terebelo is a Alcohol lover who loves all things alcohol! Checkout my recipes or visit my Distillery at Yellovodka.com