Hey Guys and Gals!
Are you looking for an awesome Homemade Vermouth Recipe? You now have no reason to look any further; you have just found what you have been looking for! This is a recipe for the most awesome tasting Homemade Vermouth in the world.
- 2 heaping teaspoons dried wormwood or other herb of choice
- 1 heaping teaspoon dried gentian root a chunk
- 1/3 teaspoon dried chamomile leaves
- 1/3 teaspoon juniper berries
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/3 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 orange rind
- 1 lemon rind
- 1/3 teaspoon cardamom pods
- 1/3 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 2 bottles of light white wine
- 2 cups of sherry
Here is a list of the simplest utensils that you can use; the ones Mom should already have in the kitchen:)
lace all herbs and spices into a stockpot. Cover with both bottles of white wine. Bring ingredients to a boil, and then remove from the heat. After the mixture has cooled, set the pot in a cool, dark place overnight.
The next day, fortify the wine by adding 2 cups of Palo Cortado or Fino Sherry for dry Vermouth, or 2 cups of sweet or cream Sherry for sweet Vermouth. Strain mixture before serving.
Straining, And Drinking Your Your Homemade Vermouth
It helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point where you have strained everything out, you can gently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the liquid and juice.
If you still need to strain your liqueur further due to lack of clarity, you can strain it 1 more time through a coffee strainer.
Congratulations, You Have Completed Making this Awesome Homemade Vermouth Recipe!
You now need a bottle and a label which are cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly, if you put it into a cheap bottle, people will make fun of you. BUT, if it looks good, people will rave about it!
Notes on Utensils and Ingredients
- Glass is always preferable when working with strong alcohol. Avoid plastic as much as possible.
- Use organic ingredients to avoid pesticide residues.
Other Great Recipes for You to Check Out!
- Hawthorn Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Jenipapo Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Mayhaw Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Chokecherry Liqueur recipe D.I.Y
- Grapefruit Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Black Cherry Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
- Maple Syrup Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Vanilla infused Brandy Liqueur D.I.Y.
- Saffron Infused Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y
- Jasmine Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
To spirits and cheers,
Binyomin Terebelo, Master Distiller and Drinkologist.
I love hearing from you about why you love something I wrote or published or a recipe I don’t know. I am Master Distiller at Terebelo Distillery, Love all things alcohol. Freelance for Grogmag and blog recipes for buildthebottle.com Weekend Rabbi too.