Papaya Infused Vodka Recipe D.I.Y.
Hey Guys and Gals, are you Looking for an awesome Papaya Infused Vodka Recipe? You now have no reason to look any further! You have just found what you have been looking for, this is a recipe for the most awesome tasting Papaya Infused Vodka Recipe in the world.
- 1 medium papaya
- 1 cup of vodka
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest. and some peel
Step 2 (optional)
- 3/4 of sugar
- 3/4 cup of water
Look for medium-sized papaya (slightly larger than a pear) with smooth, unbruised skin, and a fruity aroma.
Dark spots on the skin are a bad sign and will cause a bad flavor (check stem for decay and softness).
Cut papaya in half, remove seeds, and peel skin.
Cut the papaya into medium chunks and place into glass jar then add vodka with lemon peel(twist to release flavor). Make sure the papaya is fully covered with vodka.
Aging, Straining, filtering, and Drinking your PPapaya Infused Vodka Recipe
Let recipe steep for 1 week.
Next step strain the liquid and fruit through several layers of cheesecloth. It helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point of straining out the pulp and rind, gently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the liquid and juice.
If you still need to you can strain your Papaya liqueur one more time through a coffee strainer
Bring water to a boil, stir in the sugar keep on stirring till all the sugar has dissolved. Shut off flame and when cool pour slowly into liqueur tasting all the while till its sweetened to your liking.
Put papaya liqueur back into the container and let it age three more weeks.
I am listing the simplest utensils that you can use, the ones mom should have already have in the kitchen.
– A large glass jar (I used a 3 liter jar)
– large plastic bowl
– measuring cups (liquid and dry)
– metal strainer
– small funnel
– glass bottles, or storage containers, for the final product, you can either use the glass Jar you used before, or just buy a second one.
Notes on Utensils And Ingredients
- Avoid plastic as much as possible when working with strong alcohol. Glass is always preferable.
- Use organic Papaya to avoid pesticide residues.
Congratulations On Your Papaya Infused Vodka Recipe
You now need a bottle, and a label, that is cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly if it looks good people will rave about it. If you put it into a cheap bottle people will make fun of you.
Other Great Recipes for you to checkout!
- Hawthorn Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Jenipapo Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Mayhaw Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Chokecherry Liqueur recipe D.I.Y
- Grapefruit Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
You Like Our Recipes So Try Our Vodka
From Our Sister Blog Terebelo.com
- Marketing With Optimism
- The Marketing Of My Vodka Named Yello
- Sales Pitch Listen Don’t Talk
- What Is In A Handshake
- Be Well Rested Before A Meeting
To spirits and cheers,
Binyomin Terebelo, Master Distiller and Drinkoligist