Plum Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
Hey guys and gals looking for the most awesome Plum Liqueur Recipe? Let’s get started with this most awesome tasting Plum Liqueur Recipe on earth.
Directions, for Plum Liqueur Recipe
- 2 lb plums
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups vodka
- 1/2 cup brandy
How to make it
- Wash the plums and pat dry, cut into half or smaller, and remove the pit.
- Place into you glasg container, pour sugar over, and stir. Add vodka and brandy, stirring to partly dissolve sugar. Cap container and place in a cool, dark place for 2 months, shake occasionally.
- straining istructions are below.
- Plum liqueur is ready for drinking or cooking, however for best results, age for another month
I am listing the simplest utensils that you can use, the ones mom should have already have in the kitchen.
– A large glass jar (I used a 3 liter jar)
– large plastic bowl
– measuring cups (liquid and dry)
– metal strainer
– small funnel
– glass bottles, or storage containers, for the final product, you can either use the glass Jar you used before, or just buy a second one.
Notes on Utensils:
Avoid plastic as much as possible when working with strong alcohol. Glass is always preferable.
Filteing and Drinking your Liqueur
After the steeping time is over. Carefully strain the liquid through several layers of cheesecloth. It helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point of straining out the pulp and rind, gently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the liquid and juice.
If you still need to you can strain your Plum liqueur one more time through a coffee strainer. When you are done straining, you can discard all of the rind, pulp and any spices.
Return the liquid to the jar, for best taste let your A Plum Liqueur age for another month in a cool dry place.
Congratulations, On Completing This Awesome Plum Liqueur Recipe
You now need a bottle, and a label, that is cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly if it looks good people will rave about it. If you put it into a cheap bottle people will make fun of you.
Other Great Recipes For You To Enjoy
- Pear Liqueur Recipe
- Kiwi Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Peach Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Blackberry Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Mango Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
I love hearing from you about why you love something I wrote or published or a recipe I don’t know. I am Master Distiller at Terebelo Distillery, Love all things alcohol. Freelance for Grogmag and blog recipes for buildthebottle.com Weekend Rabbi too.