Hey Guys and Gals, are you Looking for an awesome Mayhaw Liqueur Recipe? You now have no reason to look any further! You have just found what you have been looking for, this is a recipe for the most awesome tasting Mayhaw Liqueur Recipe in the world.
- 1 cup of Mayhaw
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of Vodka
- wash and crush the mayhaws in half
- now add all the ingriedient’s, the vodkka, crushed myhaws and sugar to your glass container
- make sure your mayhaws are tottaly covered with Vodka
- seal container
Aging, Straining, filtering, and Drinking your Mayhaw Liqueur
Let age in a cool dry place for nine weeks agitating a weekly.
Carefully strain the liquid through several layers of cheesecloth. It helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point of straining out the pulp and rind, gently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the liquid and juice.
If you still need to you can strain your Mayhaw liqueur one more time through a coffee strainer.
Finally add water to taste if needed. Let age further for a soter and smoother finish.
I am listing the simplest utensils that you can use, the ones mom should have already have in the kitchen.
– A large glass jar (I used a 3 liter jar)
– large plastic bowl
– measuring cups (liquid and dry)
– metal strainer
– small funnel
– glass bottles, or storage containers, for the final product, you can either use the glass Jar you used before, or just buy a second one.
Notes on Utensils: And ingredients
- Avoid plastic as much as possible when working with strong alcohol. Glass is always preferable.
- Use organic Mayhaw to avoid pesticide residues.
Congratulations, you have completed making this awesome Mayhaw Liqueur recipe,
You now need a bottle, and a label, that is cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly if it looks good people will rave about it. If you put it into a cheap bottle people will make fun of you.