Hey Guys and Gals, are you Looking for an awesome Licorice Grappa Liqueur Recipe? You now have no reason to look any further! You have just found what you have been looking for, this is a recipe for the most awesome tasting Licorice Grappa Liqueur Recipe in the world.
- 1 liter of Grappa
- 50 g of licorice root
Place the licorice and grappa into glass jar and close.
Aging Straining, filtering, and Drinking your Licorice Grappa Liqueur
After you let your liqueur age in a cool dark place for 3 months.
After 3 months carefully strain the liquid through several layers of cheesecloth. It helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point of straining out the pulp and rind, gently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the liquid and juice.
If you still need to you can strain your Licorice Grappa liqueur one more time through a coffee strainer.
Your Liqueur will taste very sweet at first, but if allowed to age at least six months will be nice and mellow.
Finnaly ad water to taste if needed.
I am listing the simplest utensils that you can use, the ones mom should have already have in the kitchen.
– A large glass jar (I used a 3 liter jar)
– large plastic bowl
– measuring cups (liquid and dry)
– metal strainer
– small funnel
– glass bottles, or storage containers, for the final product, you can either use the glass Jar you used before, or just buy a second one.
Notes on Utensils: And ingredients
- Avoid plastic as much as possible when working with strong alcohol. Glass is always preferable.
- Use organic Licorice to avoid pesticide residues.
Congratulations, you have completed making this awesome Licorice Grappa Liqueur recipe
You now need a bottle, and a label, that is cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly if it looks good people will rave about it. If you put it into a cheap bottle people will make fun of you.
Other Great Recipes for you to checkout!
- Pineapple Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
- Watermelon Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Plum Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Karinshu Quince Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y
- Apricot Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
I love hearing from you about why you love something I wrote or published or a recipe I don’t know. I am Master Distiller at Terebelo Distillery, Love all things alcohol. Freelance for Grogmag and blog recipes for buildthebottle.com Weekend Rabbi too.