Hey Guys and Gals, are you Looking for an awesome Hovenia Dulcis Bitter Liqueur Recipe? You now have no reason to look any further! This is a recipe for the most awesome tasting Hovenia Dulcis Bitter Liqueur in the world.
- 3/4 cup of dried Hovenia Dulcis
- 7.5 inches of licorice root
- 8 inches of cinnamon stick
- 10g of whole green cardamom pods
- 10g of whole cloves
- 15g of fennel seeds
- 5g of black peppercorns
- 15g star anise
- 3 cups of rye whiskey
- Add all the ingredients in step one to your glass jar. Make sure the fruit is covered in alcohol. Close the container.
Aging, Straining, filtering, and Drinking your Hovenia Dulcis Bitter Liqueur,
Shake well and store away from sunlight in a cool and dry place for three months.
After the aging/steeping process is done, strain your liqueur through several layers of cheesecloth.
It helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point of where you have strained everything out, you can gently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the liquid and juice.
If you still need to do to lack of clarity in your liqueur, you can strain your Raisin Bitter Liqueur one more time through a coffee strainer.
Congratulations, you have completed making this awesome Hovenia Dulcis Bitter Liqueur recipe!
You now need a bottle, and a label, that is cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly if it looks good people will rave about it. If you put it into a cheap bottle people will make fun of you.
I am listing the simplest utensils that you can use, the one’s mom should have already in the kitchen that you will use when making this awesome recipe.
– A large glass jar (3 liter jar)
– large plastic bowl
– measuring cups (liquid and dry)
– metal strainer
– small funnel
– glass bottles, or storage containers, for the final product, you can either use the glass Jar you used before, or just buy a second one.
Notes on Utensils: And ingredients
- Avoid plastic as much as possible when working with strong alcohol. glass is always preferable.
- When choosing your ingredients always choose organic ingredients to avoid pesticide residues that are found on non organic fruit!
You Like Our Recipes So Try Our Vodka
Other Great Recipes for You to Check Out!
- Coconut Licorice Bitters Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Hawthorn Grappa Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Coconut Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Tobacco Bourbon Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Prickly Pear Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Medlar Gin Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Achillea Clavennae Grappa Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Strawberry Gin Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y
From Our Sister Blog Terebelo.com
- Marketing With Optimism
- The Marketing Of My Vodka Named Yello
- Sales Pitch Listen Don’t Talk
- What Is In A Handshake
- Be Well Rested Before A Meeting
To spirits and cheers,
Binyomin Terebelo, Master Distiller and Drinkologist.
Binyomin Terebelo is a Alcohol lover who loves all things alcohol! Checkout my recipes or visit my Distillery at Yellovodka.com