Hazelnut Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
Hey Guys and Gals!
Are you looking for an awesome Hazelnut Liqueur Recipe? You now have no reason to look any further; you have just found what you have been looking for! This is a recipe for the most awesome tasting Hazelnut Liqueur in the world.
- 1 pound raw hazelnuts with skin, roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 cup vodka
- 1 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 vanilla bean, split
Here is a list of the simplest utensils that you can use; the ones Mom should already have in the kitchen:)
Combine chopped hazelnuts, vodka, split vanilla bean, and brandy your sealable jar.
Shake and let steep for 3 days, then add the vanilla bean and let steep for additional 3 to 5 days.
Aging First round
Shake well and store away from sunlight in a cool and dry place for a minimum of 2 weeks.
Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and heat until sugar is dissolved. Let cool, then add to the hazelnut mixture.
Put in the Vanilla bean at this point to and close the container.
Second round of Aging Straining, filtering, and Drinking Your Hazelnut Liqueur
After 1 week or more of further aging, strain your liqueur through several layers of cheesecloth.
It helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point where you have strained everything out, you can gently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the liquid and juice.
If you still need to strain your liqueur further due to lack of clarity, you can strain it 1 more time through a coffee strainer.
Congratulations, You Have Completed Making this Awesome Orange Liqueur Recipe!
You now need a bottle and a label which are cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly, if you put it into a cheap bottle, people will make fun of you. BUT, if it looks good, people will rave about it!
Notes on Utensils and Ingredients
- Glass is always preferable when working with strong alcohol. Avoid plastic as much as possible.
- Use organic ingredients to avoid pesticide residues.
Other Great Recipes for You to Check Out!
- Medlar Gin Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Achillea Clavennae Grappa Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Strawberry Gin Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Cinnamon Raisin Bitters Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Crabapple Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Cinnamon Cherry Bourbon Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Lime Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Cherry Vanilla Bitters Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Desert Lime Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Dill Bitters Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Finger Citron Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Cacao Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
To spirits and cheers,
Binyomin Terebelo, Master Distiller and Drinkologist.
I love hearing from you about why you love something I wrote or published or a recipe I don’t know. I am Master Distiller at Terebelo Distillery, Love all things alcohol. Freelance for Grogmag and blog recipes for buildthebottle.com Weekend Rabbi too.