Apricot Liqueur Recipe!
Hey Guys and Gals, are you Looking for an awesome Apricot Liqueur Recipe? You now have no reason to look any further! You have just found what you have been looking for, this is a recipe for the most awesome tasting Apricot Liqueur Recipe in the world.
What you’ll need
- 16 oz of dried Apricot, or a 2 1/2 cups of fresh Organic Apricot
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 cup of vodka
- 1 cup of water
Ingredientsto to add for a spicy Apricot Liqueur recipe D.IY.
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 a vanilla bean
Directions, for Apricot Liqueur Recipe
- Boil the water in a saucepan add the sugar in to the water let simmer till its dissolved.
- For fresh or dry apricots, rinse, halve, and remove pits from apricots.
- Now add your chopped up Apricot in toyour glass jar and cover with vodka, make sure no Apricot is sticking out from under the vodka.
- Put in the of the cinnamon stick.
- Split and scrape the vanilla bean, and add to.
- Close the Jar and let infuse and steep for three weeks.
I am listing the simplest utensils that you can use, the ones mom should have already have in the kitchen.
– A large glass jar (I used a 3 liter jar)
– large plastic bowl
– measuring cups (liquid and dry)
– metal strainer
– small funnel
– glass bottles, or storage containers, for the final product, you can either use the glass Jar you used before, or just buy a second one.
Notes on Utensils:
Avoid plastic as much as possible when working with strong alcohol. Glass is always preferable.
Filteing and Drinking your Liqueur
After the steeping time is over. Carefully strain the liquid through several layers of cheesecloth. It helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point of straining out the pulp and rind, gently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the liquid and juice.
If you still need to you can strain your Apricot liqueur one more time through a coffee strainer. When you are done straining, you can discard all of the rind, pulp and any spices.
Return the liquid to the jar, for best taste let your Apricot Liqueur age for another month in a cool dry place.
Congratulations On Your Apricot Liqueur Recipe
You now need a bottle, and a label, that is cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly if it looks good people will rave about it. If you put it into a cheap bottle people will make fun of you.