Hey Guys and Gals!
Are you looking for an awesome Blueberry Liqueur Recipe? You now have no reason to look any further; you have just found what you have been looking for! This is a recipe for the most awesome tasting Blueberry Liqueur in the world.
Homemade Blueberry Liqueur
- 3 cups vodka
- 1 cup of blueberries frozen or fresh
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 cup water
- Combine vodka & blueberries in the blender & puree on high until no large pieces remain
- Transfer to a large, sterile mason jar & place lid on tightly
- Store in a cool, dark place for 2 weeks – give the jar a shake once a day
- After it has sat for 2 weeks, strain through a coffee filter into a pitcher – discard fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine water & sugar & bring to a boil over high heat.after water starts boiling lower the heat.
- Cook & stir until sugar is dissolved – remove from heat & cool completely
- Transfer the cooled simple syrup to your strained blueberry vodka
- Stir, cover & refrigerate for three to four days to ensure a smoother & more mellow flavor.
- Transfer to jars & store in a cool dark place until ready to use
I am listing the simplest utensils that you can use, the ones mom should have already have in the kitchen.
– A large glass jar (I used a 3 liter jar)
– large plastic bowl
– paring knife
– vegetable peeler (or knife)
– measuring cups (liquid and dry)
– metal strainer
– small funnel
– glass bottles, or storage containers, for the final product, you can either use the glass Jar you used before, or just buy a second one.
Notes on Utensils:
Allways use glass or food grade plastic. When working with strong alcohol.
Congratulations, You HaveCompleted making This Awsome Blueberry Liqueur
You now need a bottle, and a label, that is cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly if it looks good people will rave about it. If you put it into a cheap bottle people will make fun of you.
Other Great Recipes for you to checkout!
I love hearing from you about why you love something I wrote or published or a recipe I don’t know. I am Master Distiller at Terebelo Distillery, Love all things alcohol. Freelance for Grogmag and blog recipes for buildthebottle.com Weekend Rabbi too.