Green Walnut Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
Hey Guys and Gals, are you Looking for an awesome Green Walnut Liqueur Recipe? You now have no reason to look any further! So get ready to have the most awesome drink ever!
- 2 Pounds (approximately 24) Green English Walnuts
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 Large Strips of Lemon Zest (without the white pith)
- 9 All Spice Pods
- 1/2 Vanilla Bean (split)
- 4 cups of vodka
Step 2 optional
- 3 cups of water
- 3 cups of sugar
Cut the green walnuts in half length wise. Then cut them into quarters. Cut them in half (the short way) again giving you 8 pieces from each walnut.
Add the cut walnuts, cinnamon sticks, zest, all spice and vanilla bean to the large container.
Aging And Straining
Seal the container and let steep in a cool, dry place for 6 weeks.
Get your cheesecloth to filter it helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point where you have strained everything out, you can gently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the remaining liquid and juice.
If you still need to strain your liqueur further due to lack of clarity, you can strain it 1 more time through a coffee strainer.
Making your simple syrup, put a saucepan on the flame pour in water and bring to a boil stir in sugar keep on stirring until sugar has dissolved. Let the syrup cool down completely.
Pour in the simple syrup slowly tasting all the while till its sweetened to your liking.
Let age for another 6 weeks.
Congratulations, You Have Completed Making this Awesome Green Walnut Liqueur Recipe
You now need a bottle and a label which are cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly, if you put it into a cheap bottle, people will make fun of you. BUT, if it looks good, people will rave about it!
Notes on Utensils and Ingredients
- Glass is always preferable when working with strong alcohol. Avoid plastic as much as possible.
- Use organic ingredients to avoid pesticide residues.
Other Great Recipes for You to Check Out!
- Strawberry Vodka Liqueur Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cream Liqueur
- Irish Crème Style Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Coconut Licorice Bitters Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Redcurrant Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Sorrel Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Alaskan Bunchberry Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Sabra Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
To spirits and cheers,
Binyomin Terebelo, Master Distiller and Drinkologist.