Habanero Honey Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
Hey Guys and Gals!
Are you looking for an awesome Habanero Honey Liqueur Recipe? You now have no reason to look any further; you have just found what you have been looking for! This is a recipe for the most awesome tasting Achillea Habanero Honey Liqueur in the world.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 medium cinnamon sticks
- 1 habanero pepper*
- 1 lemons, Lemon zest
- 3 ounces Water
- 2 cups of Bourbon or Whiskey
Remove the stem of the habanero and chop up the pepper, keep the seeds intact for maximuim flavor.
Place all the ingredients in step 1 in a saucepan and bring to a simmer on low heat.
Let the mixture simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
Remove the habanero with tongs or a fork.
Allow the rest of the mixture to cool completely.
Pour the honey mixture into your glass jar.
Add the bourbon or whiskey, and close the jar tight, making sure that the ingredients are completely submerged in your alcohol.
Aging, Straining, filtering, and Drinking Your Habanero Honey Liqueur
Shake well and store away from sunlight in a cool and dry place for 2 days.
Let age for a minimum of a week, strain your liqueur through several layers of cheesecloth.
It helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point where you have strained everything out, you can gently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the liquid and juice.
If you still need to strain your liqueur further due to lack of clarity, you can strain it 1 more time through a coffee strainer.
If you feel that your liqueur is to sharp you can add a little more sugar. To strong of a taste? add some more whiskey or filtered water.
Congratulations, You Have Completed Making this Awesome Habanero Honey Liqueur Recipe!
You now need a bottle and a label which are cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly, if you put it into a cheap bottle, people will make fun of you. BUT, if it looks good, people will rave about it!
Notes on Utensils and Ingredients
- Glass is always preferable when working with strong alcohol. Avoid plastic as much as possible.
- Use organic ingredients to avoid pesticide residues.
- * Use caution when handling hot peppers. Use gloves if possible and wash hands thoroughly.
- Habanero peppers sharpness are dependent on how fresh they are for sharpness so add or subtract the amount you put in accordingly.
Other Great Recipes for You to Check Out!
- Desert Lime Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Dill Bitters Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Finger Citron Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Cacao Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Kola Nut Grappa Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Strawberry and Elderberry Bitters Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Cacao Mezcal Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Cinnamon Infused Vermouth Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Blood Orange Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Ginger Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
- Raisin Bitter Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
- Sloe Gin Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
To spirits and cheers,
Binyomin Terebelo, Master Distiller and Drinkologist.
I love hearing from you about why you love something I wrote or published or a recipe I don’t know. I am Master Distiller at Terebelo Distillery, Love all things alcohol. Freelance for Grogmag and blog recipes for buildthebottle.com Weekend Rabbi too.