Make Your Own Gin
Are you looking to make your own gin? Well look at this recipe you will love it so Get started.
- 500ml vodka
- 2 tablespoons juniper berries
- 1 tablespoon green cardamon pods
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried lemongrass
- 2 strips orange peel (try to avoid any white pith as it’s very bitter)
- half a cinnamon stick
- 1 stick liquorice root
Combined into a container making sure all the ingredients are submerged close and shake.
Aging And Straining
Seal the container and let steep in a cool, dry place for 4 days.
Get your cheesecloth to filter it helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point where you have strained everything out, you can gently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the remaining liquid and juice.
If you still need to strain your liqueur further due to lack of clarity, you can strain it 1 more time through a coffee strainer.
Should have a gin like flavor.
Congratulations, You Have Completed Making this Awesome Gin Recipe
You now need a bottle and a label which are cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly, if you put it into a cheap bottle, people will make fun of you. BUT, if it looks good, people will rave about it!
Notes on Utensils and Ingredients
- Glass is always preferable when working with strong alcohol. Avoid plastic as much as possible.
- Use organic ingredients to avoid pesticide residues.
Other Great Recipes for You to Check Out!
- Strawberry Vodka Liqueur Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cream Liqueur
- Irish Crème Style Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Coconut Licorice Bitters Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Redcurrant Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Sorrel Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Alaskan Bunchberry Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Sabra Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
To spirits and cheers,
Binyomin Terebelo, Master Distiller and Drinkologist.