Damson Gin Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
Hey Guys and Gals!
Are you looking for an awesome Damson Gin Liqueur Recipe? You now have no reason to look any further you have just found what you have been looking for! This is a recipe for the most awesome tasting Damson Gin Liqueur Recipe in the world.
- 3 cups of damson fruit
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 cups of gin
Here is a list of the simplest utensils that you can use; the ones Mom should already have in the kitchen:)
Rinse and clean and remove any leaves and stalks on the damsons then pat dry.
To get sweeter damsons place in a freezer bag and freeze overnight.
The next day, bash the bag of damsons a couple of times with a rolling pin and then put into your aging container.
Add in the sugar and gin, and put the lid on shake well.
Aging, Straining, Filtering, and Drinking Your Damson Gin Liqueur Recipe
Each day for a week, give the jar a good shake until all the sugar has dissolved, then put it in a cool, dark place and leave for 2-3 months.
After 2-3 strain through cheesecloth.
It helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point where you have strained everything out, you can gently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the liquid and juice.
If you still need to strain your liqueur further due to lack of clarity, you can strain it 1 more time through a coffee strainer.
Water down to your likening.
Congratulations, You Have Completed Making this Awesome Damson Gin Liqueur Recipe!
You now need a bottle and a label which are cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly, if you put it into a cheap bottle, people will make fun of you. BUT, if it looks good, people will rave about it!
Notes on Utensils and Ingredients
- Glass is always preferable when working with strong alcohol. Avoid plastic as much as possible.
- Use organic ingredients to avoid pesticide residues.
Other Great Recipes for You to Check Out!
- Desert Lime Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Dill Bitters Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Finger Citron Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Cacao Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Kola Nut Grappa Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Strawberry and Elderberry Bitters Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Cacao Mezcal Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Cinnamon Infused Vermouth Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Blood Orange Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Ginger Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
- Raisin Bitter Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
- Sloe Gin Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
To spirits and cheers,
Binyomin Terebelo, Master Distiller and Drinkologist.
I love hearing from you about why you love something I wrote or published or a recipe I don’t know. I am Master Distiller at Terebelo Distillery, Love all things alcohol. Freelance for Grogmag and blog recipes for buildthebottle.com Weekend Rabbi too.