Atholl Brose Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
Hey Guys and Gals!
Are you looking for an awesome Atholl Brose Liqueur Recipe? You now have no reason to look any further; you have just found what you have been looking for! This is a recipe for the most awesome tasting Atholl Brose Liqueur Recipe in the world.
- 3 cups of Scottish whiskey
- One handful of fine ground oatmeal
- 1 1/4 cups of clear honey
- (Optional) 1 cup of double cream
Here is a list of the simplest utensils that you can use; the ones Mom should already have in the kitchen:)
Combine the oatmeal and whisky in a shallow container. Cover loosely with a cloth and leave in a cool place overnight, do not place in the fridge.
Strain your liqueur through a cheesecloth after you let it sit over night.
It helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point where you have strained everything out, you can gently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the liquid and juice.
If you still need to strain your liqueur further due to lack of clarity, you can strain it 1 more time through a coffee strainer.
Gently mix in the honey making sure the honey has dissolved, (do not use old honey it does not dissolve properly.)
This step is optional, some more traditional recipes don’t use cream, while others even recommend mixing the cream with egg whites.
If you add in cream or eggs make sure to place in fridge and drink with in the week.
You can serve it as a desert by pouring on top of ice cream and berries!
Congratulations, You Have Completed Making this Awesome Atholl Brose Liqueur Recipe!
You now need a bottle and a label which are cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly, if you put it into a cheap bottle, people will make fun of you. BUT, if it looks good, people will rave about it!
Use your funnel to pour the Liqueur into the bottle.
Notes on Utensils and Ingredients
- Glass is always preferable when working with strong alcohol. Avoid plastic as much as possible.
- Use organic ingredients to avoid pesticide residues.
Other Great Recipes for You to Check Out!
- Pecan Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Peanut Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Beet Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Licorice Grappa Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Aronia Berry Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Chili Agave Liqueur recipe D.I.Y.
- Gooseberry Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Prune Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Etrog Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Vanilla Brandy Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
To spirits and cheers,
Binyomin Terebelo, Master Distiller and Drinkologist.
I love hearing from you about why you love something I wrote or published or a recipe I don’t know. I am Master Distiller at Terebelo Distillery, Love all things alcohol. Freelance for Grogmag and blog recipes for buildthebottle.com Weekend Rabbi too.