Glühwein Recipe D.I.Y.
Hey Guys and Gals, are you Looking for an awesome Glühwein Recipe? You now have no reason to look any further! So get ready to have the most awesome drink ever!
- 1 organic orange
- 1 organic lemon
- 3 cardamom pods
- 2 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- 10 whole cloves
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 bottle of red wine, preferably cabernet sauvignon or Beaujolais Nouveau
- 1/4 cup brandy
Remove zest from the orange and lemon in large strips be careful to avoid having the pith or white stuff attached. Juice the oranges and lemons into a large pot then add peels. Then add water, sugar, and cinnamon.
Wrap cardamom pods and cloves in cheesecloth or place in a tea baag and add to pot.
Bring the mixture to a simmer over high heat, then lower heat and simmer until reduced by one-third, about 20 minutes.
Add wine and brandy to the pot and return the liquid to a simmer. Be careful not to let it boil.
Remove from heat and remove spice sachet. Serve hot.
Notes On Fruits And Utensils And Ingredients
Glass is always preferable when working with strong alcohol. Avoid plastic as much as possible.
Use organic ingredients to avoid pesticide residues.
Other Great Recipes for You to Check Out!
- Strawberry Vodka Liqueur Recipe
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cream Liqueur
- Irish Crème Style Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Coconut Licorice Bitters Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Redcurrant Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Sorrel Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Alaskan Bunchberry Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Sabra Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
To spirits and cheers,
Binyomin Terebelo, Master Distiller and Drinkologist.
I love hearing from you about why you love something I wrote or published or a recipe I don’t know. I am Master Distiller at Terebelo Distillery, Love all things alcohol. Freelance for Grogmag and blog recipes for buildthebottle.com Weekend Rabbi too.