Génépy Liqueur Recipe
Hey Guys and Gals!
Are you looking for an awesome Génépy Liqueur Recipe? You now have no reason to look any further; you have just found what you have been looking for! This is a recipe for the most awesome tasting Génépy Liqueur in the world.
- 4 cups of vodka
- 40 flowers
- 1/4 cup of sugar
Here is a list of the simplest utensils that you can use; the ones Mom should already have in the kitchen:)
- small funnel
- Cutting bored
– glass bottles, or storage containers, for bottling and serving, you can either use the glass Jar you used before, or just buy a second one.
Dissolve the sugar in the alcohol in a jar or bottle. Then add the flowers (along with the stems).
Aging, Straining, filtering, and Drinking Your Génépy
You can create the liqueur clear or more decorative and leave in the flowers.
If you are to chose to leave the flowers in the bottle I suggest not to use a jar to age the liqueur in but divide it up and place in to the serving bottles that you plan on using, so that the flowers will not have to be transferred.
Shake well and store away from sunlight in a cool and dry place for 6 weeks.
After 6 weeks it is ready, you can filter it or leave the flowers inside the bottle.
If you would like a more intense flavor let it age a bit longer, before filtering.
It helps to moisten the cheesecloth first so the liquid permeates more smoothly.
Once you get to the point where you have strained everything out, you can gently wring the cheesecloth to extract all of the liquid and juice.
If you still need to strain your liqueur further due to lack of clarity, you can strain it 1 more time through a coffee strainer.
Congratulations, You Have Completed Making this Awesome Génépi Liqueur Recipe!
You now need a bottle and a label which are cool enough to compliment your hard work. Honestly, if you put it into a cheap bottle, people will make fun of you. BUT, if it looks good, people will rave about it!
Notes on Utensils and Ingredients
- Glass is always preferable when working with strong alcohol. Avoid plastic as much as possible.
- Use organic ingredients to avoid pesticide residues.
Other Great Recipes for You to Check Out!
- Coconut Licorice Bitters Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Hawthorn Grappa Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Coconut Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Tobacco Bourbon Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Prickly Pear Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Medlar Gin Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Achillea Clavennae Grappa Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Strawberry Gin Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Cinnamon Raisin Bitters Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
- Crabapple Liqueur Recipe D.I.Y.
To spirits and cheers,
Binyomin Terebelo, Master Distiller and Drinkologist.